College Essay Workshop - copy
1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Online via Zoom!
Use the lazy days of summer to write your best college admissions essay.
This highly interactive program provides guidance and advice along with ample time to learn about powerful essays, brainstorm topics, outline and draft, and benefit from peer and expert review. You will leave the workshop with a unique and effective college essay that presents you in your best light!
In this five-day online workshop, we will roll up our sleeves to help you produce your standout essay!
- Advice and examples of do's and dont's for admissions essays
- Essay topic brainstorming exercises
- Tips on how to write about yourself without bragging
- Daily homework assignments and draft review
- First-pass editing of a rough draft in group sessions
- Tips on supplemental essays and the COVID-19 essay
- Discounted private essay coaching and editing rates for all participants
This is an online, live class conducted via Zoom
How it Works:
- First, we will get to know you when you submit your list of extracurriculars, college list, SAT/ACT scores, grades and interests.
- Each 2 hour class includes some tips and advice along with time to work on specific activities and assignments. Homework includes outlining and drafting.
- Many students elect to sign up for a few hours of private coaching at a deeply discounted rate in order to perfect drafts, work on college lists, or to work on supplemental essays. (see pricing below)